What is the Aka.ms/accountsettings Error?
The aka.ms/accountsettings error is a notification that is sometimes displayed to Minecraft users who are trying to connect to the Realm of a friend.
The message asks users to go to the website address and modify the settings. This is typically the case with accounts that have a user younger than 18 years old.
With that said, the biggest issue arising from this error is the fact that the aka.ms/accountsettings web address no longer leads to the appropriate settings page and instead re-directs to a troubleshooting page. It means that many users who are confronted with the error aren’t sure what they should do.
Why Does the Aka.ms/accountsettings Error Occur?
The primary reason players may experience the account settings error while playing the course of a Minecraft game is trying playing online along with a partner.
This error is caused when there’s a problem in the settings for privacy in the settings of your Minecraft Microsoft account and almost only affects child accounts that belong to children who are younger than 18 years old.
It’s especially prevalent when the account is linked to an account of a parent that is limiting certain of the options. In essence, the error message is an indicator that there’s an issue with the privacy settings that must be fixed.
The exact language of the error could differ slightly but any variation will lead users to the old website address.
Also Visit : minecraft axolotl breeding
Fix Aka.ms/accountsettings Minecraft Error
This article is the step-by-step guide to fixing Minecraft aka.ms/accountsettings error code.
✔ Restart Your PC
It is likely that you will be experiencing this issue because of temporary glitches or bugs. Try restarting your computer if that is the scenario, and the issue will be resolved. Try restarting your PC , and after that, check whether you have the issue. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you’re ready to move on to the next problem-solving procedure found in this post.
✔ Reinstall Minecraft
If none of these options work for you, then you can attempt reinstalling Minecraft launcher onto your computer. To install Minecraft Follow the instructions below.
- Click the Windows + I key combo to launch The Settings App to Your Windows 11 PC.
- On the Settings app, navigate towards the app section via your left-hand sidebar.
- Then, on the right of the screen, select Apps and Features, and then choose Minecraft Launcher.
- Select the 3 ellipses on top of that of Minecraft Launcher and then click Uninstall.
- Uninstall the application and install it again.
✔ Modifying the Account Settings On Xbox
Another step in troubleshooting is to alter one of the Xbox accounts settings. To change the settings follow the steps below.
- Click here to go directly to the Xbox account settings page.
- If you’re not registered, you’ll need to sign in using your account login credentials.
- Visit go to the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab.
- Select the Allow option. club you wish to join. clubs, and then click Submit.
✔ Reset The Minecraft Launcher
If you are still experiencing the problem, attempt to fix or reset to reset the Minecraft Launcher. Try first repairing the app, and then if it doesn’t resolve the issue then try setting your Minecraft launcher. For this you must follow the instructions below.
- Start your Settings App on your computer with the Windows + I key combination.
- Go into the Apps section on to the right sidebar in the Settings app.
- On the left side, select Apps and options.
- In the listing of applications that you can select, choose Minecraft Launcher. Then, click on three of the ellipses beside the Minecraft Launcher, then select Advanced Options.
- Scroll to your Reset section. There, you can click the Repair button in order to fix the application. If the repair doesn’t resolve the issue, try setting the application. To do this simply click”Reset.
✔ Relogin To Xbox Account
If you face the Minecraft aka.ms/accountsettings error code then you should try logging out and logging into your Xbox account. To log back into your Xbox account you must follow the steps below.
- Launch Minecraft Launcher on your PC. Minecraft Launcher on your PC.
- After that, click on the account link in the upper left corner. After that, click Logout. Once you’ve logged off from your Minecraft account you can restart your Minecraft Launcher and log in to your account.
If this does not work, try signing into an alternative account that’s older than 18 years of age.
How to fix the aka.ms/account setting error?
If you are playing Minecraft on an Xbox console, and you are not able to access the page mentioned in the notification, you can make changes to your settings by visiting https://account.xbox.com/settings
When you have visited the hyperlink above Follow the steps below to fix this issue After visiting the link above, follow these steps to fix this error:
- Follow the link to log in on the parental account to the account to which your child’s accountis associated.
- Log in using your username and password to sign in.
- After you have signed in After logging in, click on your child’s profile.
- Then, click the privacy tab and ensure that the others can communicate with Text, Voice and Invitesoption has been set for all or only friends.
- After that, select then the Xbox One / Windows 10 Online tab and then choose Allow to Join Multiplayer Games.
- Click Create and join clubs..
After following the steps, it will fix the error Minecraft aka.ms/accountsettings. Then you won’t have to encounter the same problem in the future Make sure that you have carefully completed and followed as per the guidelines.