Minecraft horse guide : How to tame, breed, and ride them?
This Minecraft tutorial will show you how to control and ride the Horse with pictures and step-by-step instructions.
After you’ve conquered a horse in Minecraft, you can put the saddle on it and ride it. The saddle lets you manage the movements of the horses. Let’s look at how to accomplish this.
What are the Steps to Tame and Ride a Horse?
Find the Horse
In Minecraft, the moment you spot a horse, it is possible to tame the animal.Horses are typically located within the Plains biome. If you’re having difficulty getting horses or a horse, you could summon one with a cheater or the egg spawn.
How To Tame the Horse?
First, choose an empty slot on the top of your bar ( because you must utilize your hands to manage horses). You can tame a horse repeatedly, trying to ride it and being bogged off.
The game’s control to control the Horse is dependent upon the game version used in Minecraft:
- If you are using Java Edition (PC/Mac), right-click on the Horse.
- To use Pocket Edition (PE), place your pointer on the Horse and press the Mount button.
- If you have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, Press the LT button on the controller.
- To use PS3 and PS3, and PS4, Press” L2″ on your PS controller.
- If you’re using Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- To play with Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- To install Windows 10 Edition, right-click on the Horse.
- For the Education Edition, just mouse-click to select the animal.
The Horse will try to brisk you off. Every time you’re knocked off, attempt to get back on the Horse. After each attempt, the Horse will allow you to be a bit longer before it bucks you off.
If the Horse is controlled and you can notice red hearts appearing around the Horse, the Horse should no longer be able to bluff your back.
At this moment, you can sit down on the Horse, but you cannot regulate the animal’s movements until you place an animal saddle. Therefore, let’s figure out how to put a saddle onto the Horse.
Put a saddle on the Horse
To put a saddle onto horses, choose the saddle from your Hotbar. The game controls to place your Horse’s saddle will depend depending on your version of Minecraft:
- To use Java Edition (PC/Mac), right-click upon the Horse’s head to mount it, and then press E to check inventory.
- In the case of Pocket Edition (PE) case, you place your pointer on the Horse and press the Mount button. After mounting, press the button that has 3 dots to access your inventory. Tap on the button which shows the image of the saddle.
- To use Xbox 360 or Xbox One For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller to get the Horse mounted and then press the Y to access your inventory.
- On PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller to mount your Horse, after which press the Triangle button to open your inventory.
- To play on Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad to mount the Horse. Press the button X to access your inventory.
- If you’re using Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller to mount the Horse, and then press the button X to open your inventory.
- To install Windows 10 Edition, right-click on the Horse you want to the mount and press E to check inventory.
- For Education Edition, click the right on the horses you wish to ride, and then press E to inventory.
A window will open that displays the clothing your Horse wears. Remove the saddle from onto the saddle box on one side on the left of the image.
When you have moved the saddle back into the box, you’ll notice the appearance of your horse change when the saddle wears. When you return to play, You should be able to see the Horse riding the saddle. Let’s now learn how you can ride the Horse.
Mount the Horse
Once you’ve been tame and put the saddle on your Horse, you can ride and be in control of the motions; the game’s control to ride the Horse is dependent depending on your version of Minecraft:
- If you are using Java Edition (PC/Mac), right-click upon the Horse.
- In the case of Pocket Edition (PE), you place your pointer on the Horse and then press the Mount button.
- To activate the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button. Xbox 360 or Xbox One For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- In the case of PS3 and PS4, For PS3, press the button L2 on the PS controller.
- To play on Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- If you’re using Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- To install Windows 10 Edition, right-click on the Horse.
- For the Education Edition, Click on the Horse.
You’ll mount and begin riding your Horse. The Horse can be moved with the same controls you employ in moving your body.
Adjust your lens angle If you wish to view yourself riding your Horse.
Remove the Horse from the saddle.
The game’s management to demount the Horse is contingent on the Minecraft version. Minecraft:
- Click the left shift key to install Java Edition (PC/Mac).
- To activate the Pocket Edition (PE), Press the Center button (i.e. the crouch/sneak or crouch button) twice.
- On the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Press on the Right Stick (RS) on the Xbox controller.
- PS3 and PS4 Press on the Right Stick (RS) on the PS controller.
- To play Wii U, press the Right Stick (RS) on the gamepad.
- To play Nintendo Switch, press the Right Stick (RS) on the controller.
- Windows 10 Edition, press the left shift key.
- To access the Education Edition, press the left shift key.
What are the Types of Horses in Minecraft?
In terms of colors, Minecraft has seven types or breeds of horses:
- Dark Brown
But due to their markings, as per Minecraft Wiki, we can get 35 unique variants of regular horses. However, in the end, the differences are only cosmetic and don’t affect the abilities of horses.
What Does a Horse Eat in Minecraft?
Contrary to the majority of tameable mobs, horses have many choices when it comes to food. There are the following foods for horses in Minecraft horse:
- Golden Apple
- Golden Carrot
After the horse has been tamed and you can feed the horse hay bales. It is the most beneficial food to heal horses. Also, golden carrots and apples can cause a horse to breed.
Therefore, unless you wish to give birth to a new horse, you must stay away from gold while controlling it. Although the golden apple can enhance its temperament up to 10 percentage points, this is more than other foods.
Congratulations! You have learned how to control and ride an animal in Minecraft!
Can You Ride a Baby Horse?
Minecraft is the only game that lets you ride or manage an adult horse. This means you have to feed your baby horses to encourage them to grow. After that, you can take them on rides as adult horses.
How Do You Keep a Horse in Minecraft?
The most straightforward method to maintain horses in Minecraft is using an equestrian lead that you can tie to an enclosure. You can also construct a humble stable with a roof to provide additional security.
How to Remove the Saddle?
If you wish to take off the saddle, you’ll have to start your inventory while riding your horse. In doing this, you will be able to reveal the list of the horse. After that, you can move your saddle out of the horse’s inventory into your inventory.
What is Horse Armor?
Similar to the armour used by players, the horse armour provides additional protection for the horse. There are four kinds of horse armour: diamond, gold, iron and leather.
What attracts horses Minecraft?
How long does it take to tame a horse in Minecraft?
They will be able to see each other, and a tiny foal will emerge. The colt can’t be controlled until it is fully grown, and it is around 20 minutes. You can speed up the foal’s growth by feeding it non-golden foods.